Annual Food Drives
Boy Scouts Food Drive - March
MN Food Share (Local events) - March
Allen Fienstein - Matching Grant in March
Curves (Mankato and North Mankato) - March
North American Food Drive (Lambda Chi Alpha) - November
Stuff A Truck - November
Food Drive Ideas
It can be helpful to consider your group, it's makeup and your goals when putting together a food drive. One model for a successful food drive would be to focus on something that is important to the group you are collecting food from.
- One high school class collected all Macaroni & Cheese, a teenage favorite!
- Another group put together Easter baskets each spring.
- Consider holding a Baby Shower where guests bring in baby food, diapers, and other baby items.
- Scavenger Hunt for Echo - divide groups into teams to canvas designated neighborhoods for food donations. Set a time limit and offer prizes for the most food collected or for special predetermined items.
Think about what is important to your group, or something they can relate to and give them the option to focus on this for the food drive.
Please see our Food/Fund Drive Kit (PDF)! These are more promotional materials to get you started:
- Most Needed Items List
- ECHO Food Shelf brochure (available on request)
- Fundraising Ideas/Theme Info Sheet
- Local Media Info Sheet
Many churches in the Blue Earth County and North Mankato area have collection boxes located in their buildings to collect food for ECHO. If your church doesn't have a collection box, see if you can start one!
Churches with collection boxes:
Belgrade Avenue United Methodist Church (BAUMC)
325 Sherman Street
North Mankato, MN 56003
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
720 S 2nd St
Mankato, MN 56001
Cambria Presbyterian Church
123 Ash Street
New Ulm, MN 56073
Epiphany Luterhan Church
600 Parkway Avenue
Eagle Lake, MN 56024
Messiah Lutheran Church
1706 Lee Boulevard
North Mankato MN 56003